I know, I know. I haven’t posted in two weeks. Yes, I suck. Here’s an update on what’s going on in my corner of the universe.
- The path came back from the biopsies they did during my EGD. Everything looks a-okay. I still haven’t filled the Protonix prescription, though. I keep forgetting it’s on my nightstand. The Ibuprofen has started to affect my stomach a little, so I really do need to start taking it.
- The knee is definitely getting worse. It scares me that I have so long to wait for knee surgery, and it’s already this bad.
- I haven’t heard anything back from Dr. Ali’s office or Dr. Popescu’s about the EKG thing, so I still don’t know if I need a cardiac clearance. At least I have plenty of time before surgery for them to get things hammered out.
- I had my weigh in today and lost 4 pounds. Not a huge amount of weight. It probably would have been more except….
- I’m retaining fluid. A lot of fluid. Pam said she figured I’m probably lugging around an extra five pounds..in my ankles. They’re looking like tree trunks today. I started taking the HCTZ again, in the hopes it would eliminate some of it, but it’s only the second day. If it hasn’t cleared up at least a little in the next few days, I’m calling my PCP.
- Work has been terrible. One stressful shitstorm after another. I almost turned in my notice yesterday. It was that bad.
- On a happier note, my daughter Mariah turned 23 last Friday. Pam told me at our last meeting that I need to get out more, so we took a trip to the casino in Salamanca. Only took a little dough with us, and came home empty handed, but it was still a fun time. We took one of her friends with us, then came back to my house and I gave her the gift of cherry jello shots, which they both seemed to thoroughly enjoy. (I had one.)
That’s about it for now. I’m going to relax with my feet propped up and do some research for my nutritionist in regard to insurance billing. Yes, I deal with insurances all day at work, so of course that’s what I would do on an evening off. It’s just that she is such a nice person, and I want to do what I can to help her get her business off the ground. It’s totally selfish – if she has to close up shop, that means I have to do my monthly weigh ins in either Titusville or Erie. I’ll take Russell over both of them every day.
Enjoy the sunshine, if you’re getting any, and remember to be kind to each other.